Saturday, January 5, 2008

Why not...

I'm not a big "tell us about yourself" list type person, but as I've said, 2007 was a big year, so I figure a little examination of it is appropriate.

Where did you begin 2007?
Dressy house party. So much fun.

What was your status by Valentine's Day?
As single as a… wait, what’s the punch line here? Um, very single, which was just fine with me.

Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Yes. Also bar review, which is so much worse.

Did you have to go to the hospital?
Not for me, but to visit a few people.

Did you have any encounters with the police?
Nope.

Where did you go on vacation?
The bestest long weekend in Nantucket.

What did you purchase that was over $500?
Err… my student loans kicked in. Does that count?

Did you know anybody who got married?
Yup.

Did you move anywhere?
Nope.

What sporting events did you attend?
Heh. An unfortunate minor league baseball game.

What concerts/shows did you go to?
Outdoor Rustic Overtones show. Lots of cover bands. Some band with a singer wearing a gas mask at Geno’s. And Cake: so fantastic.

Where do you live now?
TeenyTiny House

Describe your birthday:
Sushi at what’s becoming my annual birthday gathering destination.

What has been your favorite moment(s)?
Oh! Dancing all energetic-like and singing at the top of my lungs with a bunch of friends, to a song I needed to reclaim from the Land of Bad Memories.

What's something you learned about yourself?
I'm the nicest fucking person you’ll ever fucking know. (Or so I was told.)

Any new additions to your family?
Nope.

What was your best month?
Hmm. Maybe August? September?

What music will you remember 2007 by?
Naive by The Kooks
No Sleep Tonight by The Faders
Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam

Made new friends?
Affirmative!

Any regrets?
Heh. Yeah, a few, but nothing major.

What do you want to change in 2008?
Oh, that's a big question...

Overall, how would you rate this year?
Ran the gamut from horrible to wonderful.

What would you change about 2007?
I think I like where I ended up, so nothing.

What did you like most about 2007?
Getting the bar exam over with.

Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
School. Library. Work.

Have any life changes in 2007?
New career. See above.

Change your hairstyle?
Not really, but I stopped my years-long pattern of grow it out, cut it, grow it out, cut it, and actually landed on a haircut that I’ve been getting trimmed.

Buy a new car?
Nope.

Get a new job?
Yes.

How old did you turn this year?
28.

Do you have a New Year's resolution?
Not really. Just goals. See a couple posts prior.

Do anything embarrassing?
Of course. Doesn't everyone at least once a year?

Buy anything new from eBay?
Nope.

Get married or divorced?
So very much no.

Get arrested?
Again, very much no.

Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
Once again, very much no.

Did you get sick this year?
I coughed my way through December, but that's about it.

Start a new hobby?
Not really. Got more into knitting, though.

Been snowboarding?
Ha! No way.

Are you happy to see 2007 go?
I’m excited for 2008.

Drank Starbucks in 2007?
Hmm, I don't think so. I prefer to support local businesses.

Been naughty or nice?
Both, of course!

What are you wishing for in 2008?
I like Sonya's answer: "To be happy and healthy and excited and exciting." That sums it up pretty well.

No comments: