Sunday, January 27, 2008

Three square feet

That's about the extent of unoccupied floor space in my house right now. With Attic Renovation 2008 in full swing, I have dresser drawers stacked in my kitchen, all the clothes I store on hangers are camped out on various pieces of furniture, and I have blankets laid out to protect parts of the floor from added traffic, falling lumber, etc. But I do have three square feet of space with which to take a picture of the new, finished (!) sleeveless turtleneck.


The pattern called for knitting in the round, but I didn't have circular needles in the right size to get gauge, so I knit the front and back separately on size 2 straight needles. I also added some darts in the front, in the stockinette panel. I need to block it and try to add a little length through the armholes, but otherwise I'm pleased with it.

On the agenda for today: refinishing the vintage doors I'll be using for my new closet in the attic. And coming up next week is a trip to the garden store to buy seeds and get a jump on the abbreviated Maine growing season. This year I *will* get it together and have seedlings ready to go when we're past frost danger.

No comments: