Monday, January 14, 2008

I miss the treadmill!

No really, I do!

I've signed up for a 5k in March because I'd gotten out of the running habit and needed a motivating force to help me get back into it. I've done a few 5ks before, so I know it'll be doable (even if my time is shamefully slow).

Treadmilling this weekend was cancelled due to a minor foot injury (I *could* run, but I'd be compensating to avoid discomfort, and I know it would throw off my gait, which I know isn't smart). Any big plans to go to the gym tomorrow morning are sure to be replaced by big plans to get up early and shovel my driveway. Post-work gym trips are out of the question until the resolution-inspired chaos dies down. And while I'm sure I'll end up treadmilling Wednesday or Thursday, technology is mocking me and not letting me put any songs on my mp3 player. I have a new running list full of high energy, run-like-the-wind (in my head) type songs, but having them stuck in my laptop isn't all that helpful.

Hmm. That was negative and whiny. To reward you all for sitting through that, here are some pictures. Boring pictures of knitting, but better than nothing, no?

Soon to be the sleeveless turtleneck from the Fitted Knits book by Stefanie Japel. The yarn is supposedly a cotton blend, but it feels like pure cotton, so I'm a little concerned that it might not hold its shape. Will see...



Progress on Bella Paquita: the torso and lace for the neckline, respectively.

No comments: