
I actually don't like it all that much. I mean, I love the pattern and the concept (I'm lookin' at you, jstrizzy!), but it simply isn't very flattering on me. In fact, I don't know how I managed to get my camera to do whatever optical illusion that's goin' on in the picture up there, because in person, the cables (or the yarn I used, or just... something...) adds at least 20 visual pounds to me. Weird. I think it might be usable for wearing under a blazer to work, though.
Also, I have 6 or 7 skeins of the white yarn left to use up. Initially, I was going to make some sort of cardigan to go with the shell, but a) I'm not rockin' the shell, and b) I feel as though a matching-ish cardigan would need to incorporate cables for continuity, and I'd rather do a lace/eyelet cardigan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see any one garment incorporating both cables and eyelet and still making much stylistic sense.
Anyway, if you've got any suggestions for a white cardigan (patterns, concepts, success stories, etc), let me know. I've got another week and a half at least until I can cast on for a new project, so I've got a while to ponder...

No comments:
Post a Comment