It needed to be done. Badly. The TeenyTinyBathroom was hideous. See?

Ew. That's a whole lot of wallpaper backing goin' on. When I moved in, there was actual wallpaper, so it didn't look *quite* this bad. Sadly, though, "in construction" status lasted for a looooong time.
But I've had a couple weeks off, and that combined with the knowledge that I'll have guests soon motivated me to paint the darn TeenyTinyBathroom once and for all. And by "motivated," I mean "instilled in me the fear of major embarassment."
I used a gallon of red paint I picked up a while ago at the ol' Housing and Building Materials Exchange for all of five bucks. And bonus, I didn't have to choose a color out of all the paint chip options at a regular store. (It would have taken hours. Seriously.) Besides, I figured if I hated it, big deal, it was only five bucks and few hours of time invested.
But I don't hate it! I lurrrve it! It came out wonderfully, and the bathroom is now ALL ONE COLOR! With no exposed plaster! Huzzah!


I *heart* my clawfoot tub. Even if it is only inches away from... oh, everything else in the room.

4 comments:
Nice color! It really sets off your tub!
Did you take off the rest of the paper backing first or just paint over it? I haaaaate taking down wallpaper.
GORGEOUS!
And I'm so totally jealous of your clawfoot tub. We had one in our old apartment and it was THE BEST. Someday, when we put in a master bathroom, it will have a clawfoot tub... and a separate shower, so the tub is always clean when I want to take a bath!
WOW! That looks phenomenal! I can't wait to see it in person on Sunday!
Post a Comment