Saturday, February 10, 2007

I've got mail!

You know those post cards that letter carriers leave in your mailbox when they have a package to deliver but you aren't home to accept it? There was one in my mail yesterday. So exciting! Someone sent me a package! What could it be?

I'll tell you what it could be. It could be the sandwich I spent $25 to send halfway across the country by super-fast-overnight shipping more than TWO MONTHS ago. The sandwich that (obviously) never made it to its intended destination, the sandwich that showed up in the postal service's records as 'delivered' (so no refund for me, thanks) has been sitting unclaimed all this time, and has now boomeranged itself back to me. Shut up, boomerang is too a verb!

Sigh. Instead of a thoughtful package from someone who was thinking of me, all I got was a big, cosmic slap in the face.

And, can I just say, ew. Freezer packs do. not. stay cold for two months.

No comments: