Wednesday, May 9, 2012

In bloom: daffodils

Is that time of year: the garden is starting to look like more than a patch of dirt once again. I'm hoping to be able to post only about different flowers than I did last year. Not that you all keep track of what I've already shown you or would necessarily notice if the photos were very similar, but for me it's more interesting to talk about new things.

To recap, here's what I showed you last year:
sweet peas
chives
irises
anemones
strawberries
marigolds
sedum

Now for the daffodils. Oh, the daffodils. They were in the garden last year, but I never posted about them. They've declined a bit each year (apparently bulbs have a shelf life), so by now it's mostly daffodil shoots with no actual flowers. This year they also migrated so they've sprouted up through the lawn instead of the flower bed. I guess we've got rogue daffodils.




They're in short supply, but they're pretty nonetheless.

No comments: