Wednesday, April 4, 2012

thirty-three

I'm 33 years old now, you guys!

My birthday was yesterday, and it was delightful.  I did have to work, but otherwise it was sunny* and warm(ish), and I was bombarded -- in the best possible way -- with good wishes from friends and family.

I haven't had many opportunities to cook dinner lately, so I whipped up a batch of shrimp fried rice* that turned out to be quite tasty.  Even more delicious was the chocolate truffle cheesecake The Awesome Husband had made for me.  He separated eggs and baked a springform pan in a water bath for me.  That's true love, folks.

*Key highlights of my birthday include it being nice enough outside to hang laundry on the clothesline and cooking my own dinner.  I genuinely enjoyed both.   Perhaps I'll refrain from speculating as to what that says about my personality.

5 comments:

Cameron said...

So glad the world and your awesome husband conspired to give you a happy birthday.

Farmer Jo said...

That sounds like a perfect day :) Happy Birthday

Andria Crowjoy said...

I don't think it says anything about your personality... just your AGE. :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You're lucky I didn't think to call you and sing. Must be cuz I luuuuv youuuuuu. :D

Social Ninja said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

craftosaurus said...

Thanks, guys! (And heh, Andria. :p)