Sunday, April 8, 2012

all-inclusive

For someone who got an Easter basket well into her twenties, this was a decidedly non-Easter-y Easter.

(To be fair, it should be noted that those Easter baskets would have ceased much sooner, were it not for the fact that my brother is so much younger than I am.  The Easter Bunny had to keep up appearances, of course.)

The pendulum has swung the other way, so there were no chocolate bunnies or peeps.  That's ok with me.  There was guacamole, so I'm good.

We also watched political coverage on TV, as we do on Sunday mornings. This week's panel of pundits for one show was assembled specifically to discuss the role of religion in public life, so we got to hear the more conservative folks insinuate subtly and not so subtly that we're immoral and generally not-good people because we lack strong faith in a higher power.  So that was fun.

While I may not miss the religious or confectionary aspects of the holiday, I do hope that all of you who do celebrate had a wonderful day. 

No, wait, not just those who celebrate.  Let's go for broke here: a wonderful day for all!

No comments: