Friday, January 22, 2010

Second-string Gratitude

I had dinner with a lovely bunch of ladies yesterday, and the subject of gratitude journals came up. I think this is such a great idea: keeping a list of the elements of good fortune in your life to give yourself a little perspective. You all can probably guess the major things that are going well for me right now, so I'll spare you the full list, but here are some of the second-string reasons why I'm a lucky gal.

1. I know what's wrong with my knee and why it's been hurting. Bonus: it's (relatively) easily fixable.
2. Directly related to item 1: I once again have health insurance coverage!
3. I found what I think might be the perfect pair of shoes for a big occasion, after fearing said concept might not exist.
4. Oh, oh, just remembered that I have an awesome CD to listen to today. (Them Crooked Vultures. Check 'em out.)
5. Lip gloss with mint in it, to save me from chapped lips *and* perk me up with its minty freshness. Definitely thankful for that.

Feel free to chime in via comments with what your list would include. Second-string gratitude items are so much fun to talk about!

5 comments:

fibby said...

just picked up my shoes at the cobbler this morning after waiting waaaaay too long to bring them in. it feels like i have two new pairs of shoes, when really they were mine all along. that's a good feeling.

craftosaurus said...

Oh, that *is* a good feeling. Also, nice reminder of the under-used word (and concept) "cobbler." :)

Anonymous said...

Oh good for you! I shopped for my wedding shoes for sooooo long that it was stressing Mason out. He was all, "Every time I pass you on the computer you're looking at shoes, it's stressing me out! Just pick some!" So I did. But then a few months later I found The Shoes at Nordstrom Rack.

It took me way longer to settle on shoes than it did for me to settle on the dress.

Unknown said...

One of my new year's "intentions" (no resolutions for me) is to be thankfull for at least 3 things daily. It's opened up a whole new set of "second-string" thanks. Today so far has been my lovely job, my ipod and great pasta. But great shoes, that is most defenitly a reason to be grateful.

craftosaurus said...

Puppie, me too! The dress was a serendipitous find during a one-hour shopping trip, while the shoe search involved a few weeks of half heartedly perusing stores and scrolling through websites (half hearted, I should say, because it's too far in advance to justify getting genuinely worried yet).

Kattie, great pasta is a thing of beauty. Good call! :)