Friday, December 28, 2007

Oh, the introspection

2007 was quite the year, my friends. I got an advanced degree and a new career, making my life in many ways entirely different from what it was at the end of 2006. I doubt there will be anything quite so dramatic in 2008, but I do have a few small goals. Not resolutions, mind you, goals.

- Begin and complete renovation of the Rustic Attic
- Decide on and implement new look for the kitchen
- Purge house of unnecessary clutter (or at least reduce said clutter)
- Get a knitting pattern published
- Be able to run a 5k again (am signed up for one in March), then improve my time (will sign up for at least one over the summer)
- Cook and eat real dinners, even if I'm eating by myself (heavy emphasis on soups and vegetables)
- Have a rockin' vegetable garden
- Figure out what the heck to do with the decorative garden beds around the house
- Bust out the sewing machine and use up some of my languishing fabric
- Decide on and pursue a volunteering opportunity
- Start up an IRA again; look into other investment approaches
- Update blog consistently and hopefully more interestingly

Ok, that's a good starting point, I think. It's all doable and will make for a happier me.

No comments: