We're about 90% settled in at the new house. There are some boxes left to unpack, which drives The Awesome Husband nuts but doesn't phase me much. There's some art left to hang on the walls, but I'd rather wait until we're sure of where we want things to go before we go hammering nails every which way.
Thankfully the kitchen's pretty well put together at this point. Pots and pans and mixers and appliances are all where they need to be, which made it much easier to make some festive treats last weekend. There was this wonderfully adaptable recipe, which I made as cranberry lime bread. And then, because I wanted to make something for someone allergic to eggs, peanuts, and dairy -- the horror! -- I also made a small batch of candied orange peels.
I think they turned out pretty well. And hey, in the background and stuff, that's our new kitchen!

No comments:
Post a Comment