I've been wanting to plant this year's veggie garden for weeks now. First it was too cold too late in the spring, so I had to wait. Then it was warm enough, but I had no free time. Now I have a few days with spare time, but it's supposed to rain all weekend. Even if I did decide to just tough it out and garden in the rain, I wouldn't want the rain to wash away the newly planted seeds. Darn you, weather! I'm shaking my index finger angrily at the sky. Cause that will help. Sure.
I did nearly finish the moss stitch pullover, though. By which I mean the pieces are complete, and they've been sewn together. I still need to weave in some of the ends, add a button loop closure, and block the whole thing. (Yes, I block after I do the sewing. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me, because how do you know how best to adjust the shape to make the garment fit you properly?) I'm hoping with this particular sweater I'll be able to blockify it so it's a little more flattering on me (can't put my finger on it, right now it's just... meh), but I haven't got my hopes up because the yarn isn't wool, so I doubt it'll be overly responsive to blocking. Wish me luck!
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment